June 18, 2010

Is Pending Fatherhood Making Me Sentimental?

Every now and then, I've been known to track some of my commute's set lists as I ride home and tune from radio station to radio station.  I know, I'm strange.

Well, I tracked a commute this week and it was quite different than most. I was listening to songs that I would skip right over in past situations. With brief intervals of sports talk radio, the songs were:
  • Father Figure - George Michael (Tough to pass up a song from this album)
  • Kiss from a Rose - Seal (I have never once listened to this song before)
  • Sometimes When We Touch - Dan Hill (Ditto. I swear)
  • We’re Not Gonna Take It - Twisted Sister
  • Blurry - Puddle of Mudd
  • Pride (In the Name of Love) - U2
  • Halfway Gone - Lifehouse
  • Heaven - Bryan Adams
  • 1901 - Phoenix (I feel like I ended on a good note)
I don't know how to quite explain my music interests as they're all over the map, but I would typically not listen to the majority of these songs during a normal commute. Am I getting softer in my old age? Is pending fatherhood making me become a little more sentimental? Are my music interests changing yet again? After looking at the above list, I'm hoping it was just a full moon 'cuz I don't know if I could listen to that group of songs very often.

No comments:

Post a Comment